Find Your Next Position
Wood Buffalo Temps - Temporary Staffing makes your job search easy with targeted career placement and access to hundreds of exclusive openings. We provide a variety of professional tools to help you find your next position as quickly as possible. Whatever your interests and qualifications, our experts are here to assist you in finding the best position suited to you.
We Work for You
Partner with a Staffing Specialist
My name is Kristen Philpott, I am the office manager at Wood Buffalo Temps. I am proud to manage the only staffing company that has been local to Fort McMurray for over 20 years. We have a large base of client companies that use us exclusively for all of their staffing needs. Because we have such a great relationship with our candidates and clients, 80% of our temporary placements turn into permanent full time jobs. Basically, my job is to find the best fit between you and a company so that when you go into a temporary job it’s such a great fit that they offer you a long term employment.
Are you looking for a new career? Searching for a permanent or temporary job? We’re here to help.
You’ve Got Questions. We’ve Got Answers.
See the questions we usually get asked to get all of the answers. If you still feel like you need more information, feel free to get in touch with us by phone or email. We’ll be happy to give you all the answers you need.
What is an online profile?
An online profile is a page dedicated to you. Only Wood Buffalo Temps Staff can see the entire page, but we are able to share parts of it with client companies when we are trying to find you a job.
The profile will include; your resume, some typed prequalifying questions, and three video interview questions.
Why should I complete an online profile?
You should complete an online profile because it is a way for you to sell yourself as a valuable employee beyond your paper resume. It allows you to showcase your personality and talk about your professional achievements that you are most proud of. This profile is designed to make you successful.
The video interviews are just like face to face interview, but you get to redo them as often as you wish.
I am nervous about the video interview, can you tell me more?
This is probably the most asked question. I understand that this is a new experience for most people. You will see a typed question, you will have time if you need to think of your answer, and then you will press record and answer the question. If you are not happy with the video, you can re-record up to 3 times. If you are still not happy, just contact the office and we will re-set it for you.
Here are some tips to consider before doing your interview;
1. Practice questions. As with anything, practice makes perfect, take advantage of the practice question. This will not only help you get ready for the interview but will also allow you to get comfortable with the technology. Use the practice questions to work out kinks, such as your background and your wardrobe.
2. Dress appropriately. Be careful if you are considering dressing “business on top and casual on the bottom.” Dress professionally from head to toe. Don’t make the mistake of dressing waist up. If you shift in your seat, you don’t want your pajamas or sweatpants showing! Dress in light colors against a darker background or dark colors against a light background. Plan ahead so you look your best.
3. Calm your nerves. Your peers are nervous too, so don’t worry. Focus on speaking slowly, and show off those pearly whites. Those who can showcase their true personality while maintaining a level of professionalism are typically selected for another interview.
4. Position the camera at the same height as the top of your head. You look better when the camera looks down on you. Looking up gives definition to your chin and that is a visual indicator of strength and character. However, you set up your video space, having the camera sit slightly above your hairline, it will help you maintain good posture while giving you the most attractive camera angle.
5. Look directly into the camera. At the same time, you want to be making eye contact with the interviewer. This means looking at the camera and not the screen. There is a narrow range in which you can look up at the camera while making direct eye contact with it. That’s the right place for the camera. Making eye contact with the camera is critical. People read a lack of eye contact as an indicator of un-trustworthiness.
6. DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE CLIENT HAS ALREADY READ YOUR RESUME. Talk about all your skills, even if they are already on your resume.
You Are Ready to
Create Your Profile
You can complete your interview by using your computer OR a smartphone or tablet to record your responses.
To successfully complete your interview you will need to download the VidResponse mobile application. You can download the mobile application from the appropriate link below:
For Apple devices: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vidresponse/id889946215?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
For Android devices:
Once you have downloaded the VidResponse mobile application you can use your mobile device to return to this webpage and click on the button below to begin your interview:
We Make People Happy
My experience with Kristen Philpott at Wood Buffalo Temp Agency was great. It started with a simple application process and it matter of few few weeks I received a job offer. I took the first job offer and became a full-time employee after 3 months probationary period. I was very happy with landing a great role with an amazing company, Kristen Philpott assisted in every aspect. She efficiently guided me through the interview process, promptly responded to my email inquiries and provided all the information I required to switch from Wood Buffalo Temp to my current company. I have been recommending Wood Buffalo Agency to anyone not finding job success the traditional way.
I was employed by Wood Buffalo Temps for a little over a year before I found permanent work. There were very few times in which I was not working.
Some lasted a few days and others lasted a few months. I did not come across any unfriendly or hard to work for clients.
This was my first time working for a temp agency, if I ever needed to do it again I would not hesitate going back.
I highly recommend working for Kristin Philpott and her agency.
In today's economy and especially declining price of oil, I was concerned that I would not find employment. I decided to search out temp agencies in Fort McMurray. In my search, I discovered Wood Buffalo Temps. Kristen along with her team went the extra mile to find suitable employment for me. Some assignments were temporary, others were a one day assignment. I diligently accepted any offers. She perused my resume and found the exact job that suited me! This agency assisted me which eventually resulted in me finding permanent full-time employment.